Acorn has a limited amount of tuition assistance available to enable children of families committed to a Montessori education, to attend our school. In order for us to allocate our resources wisely and fairly, we have enlisted the help of TADS (Tuition Aid Data Service). TADS provides Acorn with a need-based financial aid analysis. Financial Aid applications for tuition assistance will only be accepted online through TADS. To use TADS online financial aid service, go to the TADS website; www.mytads.com, and click on the “Financial Aid Assessment” button. You will be guided through the remaining pages.
Financial Aid Guidelines:
- All financial aid will be awarded on an annual basis. Students receiving financial aid cannot be guaranteed that it will be awarded in the following school year.
- Families must reapply each year to be considered for Financial Aid.
- Aid is available to students based on the family’s financial need (cost of tuition less the expected family financial contribution).
- Priority is given to students who are currently enrolled in the school.
- Returning families must be in good financial standing with the school.
- Students new to Acorn must have an application for admission on file.
- The first review of financial aid applications occurs by March 30, 2013. After the first review, applicants are considered on a rolling basis. Financial aid awards are based on a number of factors including the total financial aid available for all students, the number of applicants, and their relative demonstrated need.
- Once financial aid has been offered and accepted, the student and family shall have no special expectations or exemptions from policy.
- The Financial Aid Committee will remain anonymous.
- All financial aid information and communications are held in strict confidentiality.
- Financial aid can only be applied to academic tuition – this does not include deposits, late fees, class material fees, extended care (before school, after school, vacation care), class trips, etc.
- Classroom spaces are not reserved for students applying for aid until a signed Enrollment & Tuition Agreement has been returned with the appropriate deposit.
- Financial aid dollars are held by the School and applied by the Finance Office as tuition payments become due.
- Financial aid awards may not be given or transferred to any other student.
- The family may elect any of the school’s payment plans to pay the balance of their account.
- If a family’s payments (i.e., deposits, tuition and/or childcare) become past due, the financial aid may be revoked.
- If the status of a student ‘downsizes’, the amount of financial aid may need to be adjusted. (Example: A student may be awarded financial aid based on a full-day, or 12 month contract. If the student downsizes to half-day, or a 9 month contract, Acorn reserves the right to adjust the amount of financial aid.)